4.06.2013

Charlotte Update!

I was going to wait until her 3 month pictures to update- but I can't resist. Those of you who are on Facebook have seen all of these, but I wanted them here on my blog too!

Things Charlotte does now at 10 weeks:
She can scoot herself anywhere when on her back. At 2 weeks old, John and I woke up to her little toes sticking out of her crib. She had gone from being completely horizontal to completely vertacle. She is a mover and a shaker.
She can hold her head up by herself while sitting (with minimal assistance when she gets tired)
She LOVES her fists- when she can't decide which one she wants to suck on, she tries both- it is so cute!
She is a gymnast when it comes to her tongue. She loves sticking it out!
She smiles and coos and it is the most adorable thing on the planet. Sometimes I swear we are having conversations.
She has just started laughing the past two days. I cried when she did it the first time. It is the most amazing sound. She is definitely trying to challenge us though- it is pretty hard to get her to laugh, you gotta work for it because nothing ever works twice!
She loves her Sassy play gym and her swing.
She loves touching mommy's face while she is eating and grabbing her glasses. 
She likes to shake her rattle occassionally.
She loves looking in the mirror during tummy time.
She has finally started napping in her crib- hallelujah! and today she took an 1 and 1/2 hour nap! That is a record for us post 5 weeks!
Charlotte has a lactose allergy- so no soy or dairy for mommy! And let me tell you- soy is in EVERYTHING! BUT- she feels 100 times better and is much happier, so it is worth it.
She loves splashing her feet in the bath. Bathtime is her favorite and she loves trying to drink the water, much to mommy's objection. S
he can almost lift her head up at tummy time- mommy was really bad at remembering to do tummy time for a few weeks, so we are a little behind

More things about Charlotte:
She HATES being swaddled. Since day one home from the hospital, she is a little Houdini. No matter how tightly we swaddle her, she gets out!
She loves having her hands near her face- she came out with one hand on her cheek (if you said ouch!- my sentiments exactly!).
We struggled with Breastfeeding in the beginning. We saw some excellent lactation consultants (and one not so excellent- long story) and got the hang of it. Charlotte had lost so much weight that she didn't have the energy to eat so we had to supplement to get her some energy so she could eat. Now she is a champ! I appreciate all my friends and family that I texted and FB with all of my questions! THANK YOU!
We are still trying to get into a groove with naptime- bedtime is excellent most nights. I take it as a compliment that she doesn't want to nap- I am just way too fun and entertaining! :D At first she would only nap if she was on our chest, then she finally took a liking to her swing and slept in that for naptime for about a week and this week, she finally can nap in her crib if she winds down in her swing. As soon as she is really droopy eyed, in the crib she goes! Most naps aren't too bad, but sometimes she protests A LOT.
We have already had one ER visit- we were worried about her little heart- but all is well!
At 5 weeks we realized she had a milk allergy, then at 2 month appointment, I was told to cut out soy as well. Hopefully that is all Charlotte is allergic to. I have noticed that she is a little sensitive to Strawberries- which is sad, because mommy loves them!
She isn't the biggest fan of Tummy Time, but Mommy has vowed to try and be more consistant since she got in trouble by C's doc at her 2 month appointment.
Mommy became sleep obsessed for 2 weeks and kind of worked against herself. The doc gave Mom permission to not worry about it and just trust herself and throw all the books out the window. Mommy feels much better now, as does Charlotte.
She is still a little on the small side, so I still have to wake her up every 4-5 hours at night, even though she will only take one side. She was doing 6-7 hour stretches at night without needing to eat, but we gotta beef this little one up!
Charlotte has already been to the Zoo! It was so much fun! Grandma and Grandpa Brown took her Easter weekend!
Everyone loves baby Charlotte. Especially her Grandmas, Grandpas, aunts, and uncle! She gets to meet her uncle David soon!
( I can't figure out how to reorganize the pics so they are definitely out of order! Sorry!) 












Okay- get ready for a bunch of bad camera phone pics (I can't believe how fast she has grown!):

No comments: