
Today, my best friend lost her brother in a fatal car accident on I-30 in Fort Worth, TX. All of my concern and prayers go out to her family at this time. Haivng lost my grandmother 6 months ago last sunday, I have a good idea of what her family is going through. I pray for them that they might know that he is in a better place, serving a higher purpose that we do not understand at this point. I am so incredibly destraught that I cannot be with her, to help her and give comfort.
As I talked with my best friend, it made me reflect on when I lost my grandmother. I remember telling myself, "I should have told her I loved her more, I should have let her teach me piano, I should have been grateful for the chance to plant flowers for her..." etc. I now have the determination to tell everyone that I care about that I love them and make sure they know the impact they have had in my life. I need to focus on the "here-and-now" and work to improve my relationships with those that are still with me.
Now, I am also more aware that my grandfather is engaged. This was a hard one for me to swallow. I know that my grandfather is not replacing my grandmother, but I feel like I will be losing my grandfather to a family that I know nothing about. I wonder if he will be so preoccupied with his "new" family that he won't miss me as much, or that he won't care that I am not around. I understand how happy he is again and that he was so lonely. I also know that he will be marrying a great woman. So why is it still so hard?
Please keep a prayer in your heart for the Butler Family. They need to comfort of the Holy Ghost now more than ever.
If I haven't told you lately, I love you.
3 comments:
Sweetie, I love you too! We will be here for Katie! I wish you could be here as well! I know its hard. Grandpa will never stop missing you! You can count on that! But I understand what you are feeling as I have been more teary about this change than I thought I would be. Good reflections. Thanks for sharing!
Tell Katie that I am so sorry for her and her family.
You made me cry with your questions about Grandpa- I have had the exact same thought rolling around in my head (Same with the stuff you said about Grandma- although not the piano/flower thing as I didn't live with her for those)
I love you!
me and my husband went to his funeral. my husband knew him and went to church with him at hulen street baptist church. also, we were sitting down and i saw your dad walk in and we invited him to come sit with us.
Post a Comment