Okay, so for about 2 weeks I've had a shadow hanging over my head. I am taking a Stats 221 class at BYU to fill a GE credit. I thought I was understanding everything and thought the first test was going to be a breeze. Well I should have thought twice. I got a horrible grade on the first test and cried for a solid 4 hours. Yes, yes, I know... you are wondering why cry about it? Well, let me tell you... I was exhausted, I thought I knew and understood everything on the exam, I even helped others study for the test who got much better scores than I did, I studied for 5 hours and still yielded failing results. So I finally was able to go in and talk with my professor and she basically stated that I shouldn't expect getting anything higher than a C in the class. Of course saying this to an A and B student would be devestating. It was a good meeting, I found out what my weaknesses are and what my strenghths were. But I felt that she also made me feel stupid, pointing out that it was stupid for me to miss some of the questions that I missed. I was glad she was straight forward and upfront with me, but I also felt discouraged at the same time. It was interesting, she said "It amazes me that you got all the questions right that most students got wrong, and you missed all the questions that most students got right." Now this, in a way, does make me feel better about the whole thing, but doesn't all at the same time. I have never been good with word problems, and of course, that is what most of stats is. She gave me some good advice. And she also made me feel about 2 inches tall. But hey, what can you expect from a math teacher who is a green personality and a student who is a blue personality, right?
I guess all I can do is try my hardest...
But I really want to get a B just so I can prove her wrong... ha.
5 comments:
I say you can get that B....lets go for it!!! Love you, Mom
Love you! I know how hard it is to be having touble in a class. Stay strong!
You have sister collings don't you? Just ignore her, that is totally her personality! You are a great student and stats is a WAY hard class! If you need advice about who to go to for help just let me know, i have connections :)
Got to love statistics. You can get the B! Sister Collings would probably fail all of your music classes so don't worry about her.
Ick... I HATED statistics in college. And I only had to take 1040. I was lost beyond the "bell curve." I failed it the first time, then when I took it in the summer my professor ended up being a brother of a guy in my singles ward. I ended up with a B-. So how is married life?
Post a Comment