12.12.2011

Because I knew you I have been changed For Good.


As I have been sitting in the BYU computer lab writing a paper that I really wish would just write itself, I was listening to my Pandora Broadway station and one of my favorite songs came on, "For Good" from Wicked. I have been thinking a lot about my Grandmother who passed away in September of 2009. I have been missing her a lot lately, maybe because of some big changes that are coming our way this next semester. As the song was playing I began reflecting on all of the many things she taught me through her example. I know that I have learned a lot of things from her by way of my mother as well. I am excited to be able to show my children all the things my mother has taught me, and hopefully they will realize what a great person their grandmother is because of my grandmother. I know I am a stronger person because of my mother and grandmother. I love when I can feel her hand in my life as I move forward with John in our many adventures.

This post might not make any sense, but I just felt that I needed to write this ( or maybe I just needed a break from my paper... I dunno... haha).

Love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Abby said...

This definitely made sense to me, especially if you are hinting at something BIG happening soon :) haha I love you, Allison! We need to catch up soon - maybe a Skype session after the holidays?

Lois Brown said...

Loved it sweetie! I've been very teary eyed of late thinking of my Mom, your grandma, so this was lovely to read and see that you have been thinking about her too! Love you sweetie! you always make me proud!!